This guide is for installing DraftSight Enterprise and tries to cover all eventualities.
1. Preliminary work when upgrading from an older version
- Uninstall the old version of DraftSight
- Run a "Clean Reinstall Registry" according to the planetsoftware instructions
2. Install SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager
No SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager installed in your system yet
Please follow the “Network License Manager (SNL) Installation Guide” from planetsoftware.
You already have the SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager
Extend the SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager to manage licenses for DraftSight:
- Look in the Windows system settings under the apps for the SOLIDWORKS Network License Manager and click on "Change"
- Click next and then activate the "Modify" operation. Click on "Continue".
- Add the DraftSight serial number to the existing serial number, separated by a comma.
- Follow the installation manager to complete the settings.
- Activate the license in the Network License Manager
3. Install DraftSight Client
- Download the installation package for DraftSight via the following link:
- Start the installation as Admin and select the SolidNetWork License (SNL).
- Enter the server data
- Accept the license agreement and start the installation with "Install".